Also known as aerophotogrammetry is a method of collecting geomatics or other imagery my means of aerial platforms. Typically the procedure will comprise of covering the desired area according to a pre-calculated flight plan and using a UAV/MAV to take images at pre-determined positions, and then processing images for data extraction. See Gallery for more product examples.
Depending on what height the images are taken, accuracy may vary from 2cm up to less than 10cm. One of the products produced from these image is an orthophoto which is a geometrically corrected photograph with a uniform scale and can be used to measure true distances. Using UAV/MAV together with RTK GPS technology, we are able to provide you with very accurate geographical information.
Not only can these photos be used for normal viewing, but can be combined with other software such as ArcMap, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, ER Mapper, Model Maker or any other mapping/surveying packages similar to these. These photographs can be accurately overlaid with your CAD drawings as a background where additional scale correct information can be obtained.
The following products can be extracted after the images have been processed:
- Detailed topographic plan with all surveyed features required by client.
- An orthophoto which can be used as a back ground for the drawings and also to obtain additional scale correct information.
- A Point Cloud to be used for volume calculations (.csv).
- DEM(Digital Elevation Model) which is the same as a point cloud but reduced to a specified grid i.e. 10m x 10m.
- TOT file (3D triangles)
- Other known formats such as .obj .3ds .wrl .dae .ply .stl .fbx .u3d .pdf and Google .kmz can also be exported.
Stockpile and Volume calculations
Apart from our mapping capabilities, we are able to extract point clouds to be used in volume calculations as well as DEM(Digital Elevation Model) which is the same as a point cloud but reduced to a specified grid i.e. 10m x 10m. This data can be exported as .csv, .txt and triangle data and then be imported into your software. These images shows the final product of stockpiles of which volumes are calculated.
- A complete drawing of a waste disposal site showing the grid, contours, north arrow and volume data.
- Virtual 3D Image obtained from DEM data, showing triangles of the waste disposal.
- Coal Stockpile at Van Eck power station.